Monday 21 February 2011

Well, this is odd then

So, this is something different and new.  A blog.  Why?  Well, because one of my course-mates has done it to go along with our Life Writing module, so I thought, why not?  I write diaries, so why not do it on here.  Will it last?  Who knows.  Let's just go along for the ride and see.

The reason behind the title of my blog.  I'm over 40 ... actually over 45, but not by much ... and I have only just worked out what I want to be when I grow up.  Maybe that's not strictly true.  I've wanted to be a writer since I was in school, but was always told I needed to get a proper job.  However, at this grand old age and having brought up two children and divorced a husband (not in that order), I now find that my life is suddenly pretty much my own and I no longer have to do what I need to do in order to get done what others need me to get done.  By turns a liberating and terrifying experience.  So, here we are.  On the cusp of great adventures and pastures new.  If I have the balls to do it and not just sink back into a mildly anaesthetised, never truly unhappy, but never entirely happy-ness.  To keep on keeping on, or to break free and jump into the void?  Well ... let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment