Monday 7 March 2011

Sorry ...

I've felt very naughty not blogging for the past few days - not that I think anyone will have noticed, however, it was all a little hectic last week and I had some catching up to do.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

As you will know, I'm onto the life writing module of my Open University course.  We are tackling biography and autobiography.  I thought this would be quite an easy part of the course and it has proven to be sort of true for the autobiography part - I'm not having too much trouble with it.  Biography though is a minefield!  It can't be straight reportage - that's journalism, but it also can't be too fictionalised - that's fiction.  Finding the fine line that divides the two has eluded me so far.  It's got so bad that I had a nightmare about it last night.  I kept telling someone that I had to do more research on this man because I was writing about him, getting into a bit of a panic and then remembering that I was going to do autobiography instead, so everything was OK.  It was a bit of a relief to wake up!  And you don't hear me saying that too often on a Monday!

I've gone through this week's chapter, so that I can concentrate on getting my TMA/EMA (that's Tutor Marked Assessment and ... er Examiner Marked Assessment (?) for those who don't know the jargon!) pieces together. Life writing TMA is due in April and then the last TMA and our EMA are May and June.  I'm off to Urchfont Manor the week after next for a 3-day residential course and we need to bring drafts of our final TMA(s) and EMA.  This means I do actually have to put pen to paper, otherwise I'll sit there for 3 days way behind before I've even started.  Being on here is partly procrastination.

I'm also waiting for my mark for our poetry Assessment which is due any time today, we've been told.  Nervous doesn't even begin to cover it.

I'm going now.  I need to write something.  I just wish I knew what!

No comments:

Post a Comment