Thursday 3 March 2011

The Wanderers Return

We return unscathed from the sunny, windy, chilly North.  The Gods must have been with us because we didn't hit any traffic - in either direction - and the Travelodge wasn't nearly as dire as I was dreading.  The only really awful moment came when, somehow, Natasha managed to talk me into having a Burger King for lunch instead of the healthy - or at least healthier - M&S sandwich and fruit I was wandering towards.  I haven't eaten fast food burgers for a very long time because, frankly, they are rubbish and don't even taste very nice, a conclusion that seemed to momentarily slip my mind.  Motorway madness indeed.  After my run in with them on Tuesday, I won't be going near them again for a long while ... and don't get me started on the liquid they served up that they called 'coffee'.  I found it necessary to point out to Natasha, following our very nice pub meal that evening, our BK aberration cost more than our dinner.

The university score so far seems to be Sunderland 1, Bath Spa 0.  An further fixture with Birmingham is scheduled for March 23.  Then we have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment